GUIDANCE FOR OUR CLIENTS – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)creative77
In these uncertain times we wanted to reach out to all our clients to let you know we are here to offer support and guidance over the next few months to get us all through these challenging times.
The resilience of our country and people supporting each other will get us through this, as it has done so many times in history.
Our health and wellbeing is the most important thing right now and as a company we are continuing to monitor the situation on a daily basis. There may come a time in the near future when we take the decision to ask that our employees to work from home and if this does happen we will advise you accordingly.
We may be a relatively small business but we are well equipped and organised to be able to work from home if required. We will continue to complete your accounts, VAT, payroll and tax returns in a timely manner.
COVID-19 Government Support
To assist you through this uncertain time the Government has announced a number of measures to help and support businesses, these include:
- Support for businesses to pay their tax.
- Business rate relief for 900,000 properties.
- Grants for the smallest business and businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure industry.
- Scheme to underwrite risky loans by the government.
- Sick pay costs which can be reclaimed.
- Postponement of new the IR35 legislation which was scheduled to be introduced in April, this has now been delayed until April 2021.
Furthermore, we have produced a factsheet to help all our clients and we would encourage you to take a look at this to understand the details relating to support being offered and what you might be able to access. It can be accessed through the following link: Covid 19 Support For Businesses.
If you need anything please let us know. Our business depends on your business and we must all pull together during the next few weeks.
Finally, here is a quick action plan to help focus your thoughts:
- Keep your eye on Government advice: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response Every day guidance and support is changing so this will have the most up-to-date information.
- Your main purpose is to protect the health of yourself, employees and customers and then reduce the risk of the financial impact to your business. So you need to take action now.
- Hold a meeting with key team members and work through the agenda in Appendix 1 Meeting Agenda Help Sheet.
- Summarise the actions and allocate responsibility to make them happen.
- Talk to us – we are all in this together.
We will continue to provide updates on advice and support as it becomes available through newsletters and our website but in the meantime thank you for time and understanding.
Please be safe and stay healthy.
Matthew Portess (FCCA)